The following activities will help participants deepen their understanding related to concepts of sincerity and honesty, including the consequences of honest and dishonest action. They will learn about the role of honest words and actions in creating harmonious communities.
- Honest words and behavior create harmony.
- ‘Treat those who are good with goodness, and also treat those who are not good with goodness. Be honest to those who are honest, and be honest to those who are not honest.’ – Lao Tzu
- ‘To believe in something, and not to live it, is dishonest.’ – Mahatma Gandhi
- ‘It takes strength and courage to admit the truth.’ – Rick Riordan
- ‘Truth is the most valuable thing we have.’ – Mark Twain
- ‘Honesty doesn’t always pay, but dishonesty always costs.’ – Michael Josephson