The following activities will help participants to deeply understand peace. Participants will discover that every human being wants peace and has a right to live in peace. Activities will show that conflict can be resolved peacefully through active listening and constructive language.
- ‘Peace begins with a smile.’ – Mother Theresa
- ‘An eye for an eye only makes the whole world blind.’ – Mahatma Gandhi
- ‘The most valuable possession you can own is an open heart. The most powerful weapon you can be is an instrument of peace.’ – Carlos Santana
- ‘Those who are at war with others are not at peace with themselves.’ – William Hazlitt
- ‘Peace is not the absence of war; it is the presence of justice and the absence of fear.’ – Ursula Franklin
- ‘The pursuit of truth does not permit violence on one’s opponent.’ – Mahatma Gandhi