The following activities will help participants develop an appreciation for working together and cooperation. They will learn to recognize the value of the different roles that individuals play when cooperating to achieve a common goal. Participants will come to understand how cooperation can lead to richer experiences and outcomes for the whole community.
- Respect, tolerance and compassion provide a foundation for cooperation.
- ‘If you light a lamp for someone else it will also brighten your path.’ – Lord Buddha
- ‘When we cooperate, we embrace our differences and use them creatively, because differences are what make the whole greater than the parts.’ – Mahatma Gandhi
- ‘If you want to make peace with your enemy, you have to work with your enemy. Then he becomes your partner.’ – Nelson Mandela
- ‘Leadership is based on inspiration, not domination; on cooperation, not intimidation.’ – William Arthur Wood
- ‘No matter what accomplishments you make, somebody helped you.’ – Althea Gibson
- Many hands make light work.
- ‘Individually, we are one drop. Together we are an ocean.’ -Ryunosuke Satoro